Solvency Now Bookkeeping is a small startup that is on the roadmap to expand extensively. We’re growing quickly, so we want to source candidates who can contribute at our current size and scale with us as we grow. Our ideal candidate will be able to hit the ground running and is great at organizing many tasks at once.
Our Mission Statement is “Complete and perfect financial records for [Business Owners] peace of mind”.
As a bookkeeper for Solvency Now Bookkeeping, Inc. you will ensure that financial transactions are recorded and classified accurately. You will reconcile each bank account, credit card and loan account. You will be required to review each client’s books for accuracy and correct any errors. You must be able to problem solve within QuickBooks Online.
You may have 10-20 clients that you are responsible for. You must be able to manage all of their deadlines and toggle between clients as needed.
You may be required to monitor loans, assist with budgeting and payroll when requested, to help ensure financial solvency and viability for the Solvency Now clients.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Performing Bank Account and Credit Card Reconciliation
- Bookkeeping Reviews
- Paying and Tracking Bills/Loans
- Collecting and Tracking Invoices
- Filing 1099(s)
- Calculating and collecting Sales Tax
- Payroll filing and reporting
- Maintaining Spreadsheets of Financial Transactions
- Submitting a Detailed Daily Report to Your Direct Supervisor
- Detailed time tracking per client while work is being performed
- Using internal software to record client work completed
- Other related duties as needed or required an agreed to by you
Minimum Education & Training Requirements:
- Highschool Diploma or equivalency diploma
- 1 – 3 years of QuickBooks Online experience
- 1 – 3 years of experience in bookkeeping for multiple small companies at the same time
- In-house training as required
Job Skill Requirements:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and recordkeeping skills
- Ability to handle stress associated with deadlines and work volume
- Proficiency in QuickBooks Online
- Punctual performance of job duties
- Abstinence from mind or mood altering drugs
- Flexibility in working varied hours as needed
- Maintain strict confidentiality of client and Solvency Now confidential and/or proprietary information
- Located in the U.S and have an excellent command of the English language
Our Hiring Process
- Fill out the Solvency Now Bookkeeping application form.
- If the application form shows you have the experience and knowledge we are looking for, we will send an IQ and typing assessment.
- If all assessments and the application form look good, then an initial Zoom interview with the hiring manager will be set up.
- After the initial hiring interview, we will ask candidates to do a QBO assessment. It will be two months worth of bookkeeping in a mock QBO profile.
- If the QBO assessment shows you have the knowledge and skills we are looking for, then a final interview with Maya, the CEO and founder, will be set up.
This job may require occasional evening and weekend work and working with challenging clients.
As this is a remote position, Solvency Now will not be providing the equipment necessary for bookkeeping work. You will be required to own a working computer that complies with industry standards, has high speed internet, dual monitors (two monitors connected to one computer) and proof of Anti Virus software. The computer needs to have a webcam and audio for clear communication. Zoom meetings, including screen share, will be required.
You must be able to sit and work at a computer for 8 hours a day and sometimes longer as may be required. You must also be able to engage in data entry and typing information into computer files and logs.
IF INTERESTED, PLEASE FILL OUT A JOB APPLICATION FORM.